I will say that the early hours and the cold were very much worth it. The sunrise was BEAUTIFUL!!
And the sun peeked through :-)
Within minutes, the sun is up. Wow... :-)
Of course, the kids weren't ready to leave the beach, so while the rest of us froze from the cold, blustery wind, the younger ones started making sandcastles and actually getting wet! No, thank you! :-P
Gary and Jeremy chose to simply walk the beach to try and stay warm. It truly was a peaceful morning!
We had the beach almost to ourselves. I was told that the locals don't dare brave the beach during such "freezing" temperatures :-P Subsequently, the only living creatures to keep us company were a flock of seagulls :-)
Jeremy tried to "sunbathe", but I don't think it worked :-P
The final sandcastle creation was pretty cool!
I love the forts and castles :-)
It was a chilly, early morning, but a good time was had by all :-)
absolutely gorgeous pictures of the sunrise!! You really can't capture the temperature, but I am glad that you all braved the freezing temperatures. I get to see the sunrise too! :)
ReplyDelete