Our Family

Our Family
Christmas 2012

Monday, September 12, 2011

A New School Year (and Soccer Season) Begin!

While Jeremy has been going to school for almost 2 weeks at Heritage Christian School, we just weren't quite ready to start our homeschool for the year. But today...ready or not...we began!
So, what do we hope to accomplish this year? I'm determined this year to be disciplined, yet flexible. I want the kids to have fun while learning. I want to enjoy this AMAZING part of the country that we are so blessed to live in! We are planning weekly field trips, and while we will have structured English and math lessons, we are going to try to do many unit studies on various subjects (We started with YWAM's book about Amy Carmichael this morning). I want the children to develop a true love of learning :-) After reading just one chapter about Amy Carmichael, we've already learned about typhoons and a little about India, and we learned some interesting words "Shimonoseki" and "SS Yokohama Maru". LOL! This is going to be FUN!

Also, this afternoon, Jeremy had his first varsity soccer game :-) Last week, the torrential rains in our area caused practices and games to be cancelled. Today, we had BEAUTIFUL weather, and the boys played a great game! They beat Evangel Christian School (Dale City) 6-0!! Congrats, boys!! Go Heritage :-D
Jeremy was one tired young man! He plays defense (sweeper) and did an AWESOME job keeping their ball away from our goal!
I'm going to really try to be more disciplined with updating our family blog. We have such an adventurous life; I want to record much of the fun! So....off we go!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment