Our Family

Our Family
Christmas 2012

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

EARTHQUAKE!

This afternoon, Virginia had the worst earthquake in its history! Well, it TIED for the worst ;-) Measuring 5.9 on the Richter Scale, it was pretty impressive and even made the national news. It was our first earthquake to experience, and guess what! We basically missed it :-(

Our Virginia earthquake story: We had just gotten out of the community pool and were getting into the car to drive the 1/4 mile home. Because everyone was soaking wet, I had the girls climb into the trunk while the other kids (including Alyssa) sat on top of the seats (to avoid wet seats later). Well, we definitely felt shaking, but we thought everyone was just being rough while getting into the van. I started yelling at the kids to "Stop shaking the car!!" LOL! When we got home, the neighbor was outside, scared out of her wits, because of the earthquake. WHAT?! EARTHQUAKE?! Emily is the one that connected that with the car-shaking a few minutes earlier. Bummer! Our first earthquake ever, and we missed it :-(

Oh well, I thought I'd share a pic of the earthquake "damage" in our house:
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment