Our Family

Our Family
Christmas 2012

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Thank you, Lord~

For today, Tuesday, January 18, 2011~

Outside my window~
the ground and trees are covered with ice, and icicles are hanging from most everything

I am thankful~
that Gary made it safely to work this morning (the roads were very icy)

I am thinking~
it is sad that the icy roads led us to cancel the Homeschool Music Tea that we were going to host today (Safety is most important, but everyone was looking forward to it!)

I am hearing~
the sound of the heater turning off and on in the house (that's a good thing when it's 30 degrees outside)

I am remembering~
my parents, on what would have been their 53rd wedding anniversary...I miss you Daddy!

I am reading~
When We Move to Heaven by Linda Street
The Bible

I am hoping~
friends will be able to come over later to play and visit

On my mind~
Gary

From the learning rooms~
we are looking at all there is to do before the school year ends in May and planning so the kids can actually have a summer away from formal studies (life has required year-round homeschooling for quite awhile)

Noticing that~
a Mom's job is never done, but I wouldn't have it any other way ;-)

Wondering~
how many chores and how much schoolwork we will get done on this stay-at-home day

I am praying~
that the Lord will direct Alyssa to the perfect job for her at college

I am creating~
a cookbook of recipes from family and friends (please send any favorites to me...the more, the better!)

From the kitchen~
Tonight's dinner~Mexican casserole, Spanish rice

Around the house~
children are cleaning house, and Jeremy is sleeping-in since his school was cancelled today 

One of my favorite things~
is sitting in my living room, with the fireplace on, in the quiet of the morning before anyone else wakes up

A few plans for the rest of the week~
Christopher's birthday and church on Wednesday;
work a day shift on Thursday (orientation to postpartum unit);
Christopher's birthday party and the kids' basketball league on Saturday

From my picture journal~

Gary's 43rd birthday was yesterday :-) 
Happy Birthday! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Ronda,

    I was sad that we had to cancel the tea, but hopefully everyone understood. :)

    I love your background...and am so enjoying reading your blog! Hope you all have a great day!

    ReplyDelete