Well, having moved to Virginia this past summer and joined a larger church, the kids have been blessed with many wonderful friends! So, as Christopher's birthday approached, his excitement built, and the planning started for hosting his first "real" birthday party. When I asked him what he wanted to do, he would answer "just eat and play football". Ok...I could handle that ;-)
Below are a few photos of the wonderful time that we had yesterday. We had 11 boys join us, and while it was 25 degrees outside and bitterly cold, they all seemed to have a great time!
It started with a freezing (and very short) game of football at the field across the street:
I think Christopher had fun!
Many of the boys brought their Nerf guns, so a war was inevitable :-P
We had boys and guns all inside the house...
And outside in the backyard...There were Nerf bullets everywhere!
Christopher said we had to have food, and we couldn't go wrong with hot dogs, chips, and soda.
Gary seemed to enjoy the chocolate fountain that Mom gave us for Christmas ;-)
Christopher enjoyed opening presents! He got gift cards, Legos, footballs, & 2 more Nerf guns :-D
I called these boys the "stragglers"...LOL!
Overall, it was a good day and a fun party. Christopher was happy!
Happy Birthday, Christopher! We love you!!
looks like everyone had a great time! I know that Andrew sure did! :) Happy birthday once again to Christopher. We are so blessed to have your family in our large church family! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful time! :) So many smiles...and I'm sure there were lots of good memories made! :)
ReplyDelete