Our Family

Our Family
Christmas 2012

Monday, September 17, 2012

Half Marathon #2 for Gary!

After finishing the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon in May of this year, Gary was hooked on running! We are all so supportive of this new hobby and loved being there yesterday morning as he embarked on his second half marathon...The Navy-Air Force (Joint Base) Half Marathon :-)
What a lovely morning in Downtown DC!
 Ready to go!
 Christopher, Lydia, and I were there to cheer Gary on while Jeremy and Emily stayed back to go to church :-)
 I love him ;-)
Getting ready for 13.1 miles... No turning back now :-)
 Off they go! (Gary is in the middle of the crowd)
 The wounded warriors led the pack. May we never forget their sacrifices.
And here he comes! The Finish Line is in sight!
And it's a Personal Record of 2:26:47 averaging a 11:13 mile! :-D
 Way to go, Gary! Ready to do it again? ;-)
We're hoping as a family to get involved in this running/racing thing. The kids are excited, and once my foot is healed, I'll actually try to join them ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Great to see the event!! Way to go, Gary! I was never a runner....but, you go, Webb family!!! Please let that foot heal first before you attempt this new hobby, Ronda!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. That makes me tired just thinking about it! Way to go Gary!
    Ronda, please email me! I don't have your address, and we are thinking of visiting Virginia and maybe DC. We would love to come see you. :)
    Blessings,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie,
      Call me tech ignorant, but I don't know how to send you a private email through blogspot :-/ So, if you send me something to titus2mother@gmail.com, I'll send you our contact info. We'd LOVE to see you if you head this way!! :-D
      God bless,
      Ronda

      Delete